introchanges said: TUI is bad ass
This message has been in my inbox for like weeks and it’s still not true.
- Male Writer: Ah, anniversary jokes are so funny. Because chicks always hate it when you don't remember anniversaries! A plus gold very original
- Male Writer: Mother in laws amirite?
- Male Writer: My male character who is an author insert of myself pines after a woman I used to pine after in high school. Then they have sex. This is good literature.
- Male Writer: Ugh female books are so romance filled
- Male Writer: And girl fanfics, so mary suey
- Male Writer: Now listen about this original middle aged man who is an expert in everything, suffers from ennui, looks like me, acts like me, and gets all the girls i want.
- Male Writer: She was sexy in an alluring, boring way, filled with purple prose and riddled with objectification
- Male Writer: If i make a female character parrot my misogynistic views, they cease to be misogynistic! Are you saying you don't respect my fake female characters opinions, feminists?
- Male Writer: a good action girl is one who looks hot at all times
- Male Writer: If the female main character got in an asskicking line, my work is Feminist with a capital F and no one can criticize me
- Specifically White Male Writer: Heroic tropes are so overdone. I'm going to create a boring white guy with stubble to be a completely original antihero no one has ever seen before TM.
- Same Guy: It's original because he is a jerk who gets away with bad behavior, just like I wish i could.
- Another Specifically White Male Writer: It's in my universe to only have white men do things in my book. I mean, don't you care about historical accuracy
- Same Guy: I mean, it's a generic fantasy verse with no real life time period equivalent and i haven't done any research, but i'm SURE that it's historically accurate. To that dark mideval dragon fighting europe period
- Same Guy: Where in Europe? Who cares!
- Male Writer: There is no better way to introduce a female character to a male character than by him saving her.
- Male Writer: Characters hating each other is good sexual tension!
- Male Writer: One female character and five male characters is a good team balance
- Male Writer: If my female character chooses to act in a sexist tropey way, it's not sexist. In fact, because she CHOSE to do it, it is Feminist.
- Male Writer: I am original
you know what
i fucking love math
and fuck you if you think that makes me weird and want me to laugh about it with you
i won’t be complicit in my own shame anymore
so is that what you call a jellyfish
well tell me what you jellyfish with
'cause i've seen more spine in jellyfish
i’ve seen more guts in 11 year old jellyfish
have another jelyfish and drive yourself home
i hope there’s jellyfish on all the roads
and you can think of me when you forget your jellyfish
and again when your head goes through the jellyfish
4 tbsps (1/4 cup) culinary lavender*
2 cups boiling water
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (about 8 lemons)
2 cups cold water
* Culinary lavender is lavender harvested for the purposes of cooking/eating. Please don’t buy the perfumed air-freshening kind because that is going to be utterly gross. Steep the lavender in 2 cups of boiling water for 15 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve and discard the lavender. Place the lavender tea and the sugar in a small saucepan and set over high heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves (you don’t have to put it over heat, but I do this because I’m impatient and want the sugar to dissolve faster and completely). Remove from heat and let cool to warm. Stir in the lemon juice. Stir in the cold water. Add more to taste. I prefer to keep mine on the concentrated side because I like to mix it with seltzer water when I serve it. Serve over ice. Makes about 6-8 cups depending on how dilute you want it.
My friend actually made lavender lemonade before and it’s delicious. Not sure if this is the same recipe, but stillllll
reblogging for the recipe